BLOG        EVENTS        RECENT ACQUISITIONS

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jamie Jardine

I was just sitting here wondering what is newly in and the doorbell rand. This paining by Jamie Jardine has just arrived this very minute. It is amazing. I mentioned it in an earlier blog that it was coming and here it is! Actually it is still wet!


The latest painting to arrive in the gallery by Jamie Jardine
36" x 48" - Oil on Canvas - This work is currently available
 This is an amazing painting with the subject being a favourite island of Jamie's. The island motif surfaces often and it is fascinating to watch the various incarnations. Monet painted the same haystack numerous times. A trip to the Chicago Institute of Art has a room dedicated to Monet's haystack pictures. Someday soon I will be able to do a room full of Jamie's island paintings. Of course I will have to borrow them back from the various owners.

Later on today or most likely tomorrow I will have images of the latest work to arrive by Ruth Gowdy-McKinley RCA and I am also awaiting the arrival of new work by Walter Dexter of Victoria. It is always nice to have work arriving by Canada's leading ceramic artists. Walter is sending, among other pieces, some historical work. I am really excited about it as one of the pieces is illustrated in my book "Walter Dexter - The Torso Masterworks". As soon as it arrives I will upload an image.

Of course there is always great work arriving and now that Brian and I have decided to also handle historical work we expect that it will get even more exciting. the demand for work by some of the early greats of Canadian ceramics will also fuel interest in contemporary work.

Recently I acquired a wonderful avant-garde sculpture by Theo and Sue Harlander of Brooklin, Ontario. If people are interested in seeing these pieces please send a comment and I will start uploading images of work that Brian and I acquire for our personal collections.  We will also keep you apprised of work on hand in the gallery for sale. Currently we have some excellent pieces by the late Ruth Gowdy-McKinley as well as an excellent footed pedestal by Bailey Leslie, one of the Five Potters that I spoke of yesterday in my blog. Last year I purchased a wonderful large vase by Bailey for my personal collection. e also sold some early crystalline pieces by her.

Also if you are looking to downsize and wondering what to do with your Canadian ceramics please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment